I picked up the next quest from the same NPC. Today’s task is to list out the things that I do not want. Interesting. This one was probably the easiest to start, but the hardest to finish. I am not sure that I am finished with it yet, but here they are – the things that I do not want. Warning – some are a bit silly, but nonetheless they are what they are.
- Abusive relationships of any kind.
- Being messy or unkempt.
- Feeling afraid or unsafe.
- Being in debt.
- Living a hard life.
- Being unhealthy.
- Being overweight.
- Feeling obligated to take care of others and their issues.
- Having people think that I am strange in an un-okay way.
- Too many commitments or obligations.
- My family or myself to be unhappy (I want us all to be happy).
That is what I came up with so far. I am positive there are more. I will come back and add to this over time. I feel that it is important. As I was doing this quest, I realized that knowing what one does not want in life is, perhaps, more important than knowing what one does want in life. It is a great eliminator, helps to shut some doors, and helps put things into perspective. In a sense, it lets one know what the playing field is instead of letting it be stuck in the abstract. Give it a try – what things do you not want?